Tuesday, July 15, 2008

guggenheim grotto - happy the man [preview]

this album is not actually released yet. i, for one, cannot wait until it IS released (sept. 5th). until then we'll have to deal with a couple of early releases from these guys. their first album "waltzing alone" (posted previously) is in my top five albums of 2006. 2008 is an AMAZING year in music so far. i can't wait to see what will happen. if the album sounds anything like these songs there's no doubt it will be up there with guillemots, travis, and coldplay for the best albums of the year. anywho, check it. on the song, "fee da da dee" they enlisted the help of jenny lindfors for the female vocal in the bridge....really does it for me. awesome. awesome. awesome. btw--i CAN'T even tell you what i went through to get these....there's still no official release. it was messy :)


6 comments:

IndieLimerick said...

Thanks a million for this, saw the grotto twice both very intimate gigs , First album is just so underrated how it has not balooned into something huge is beyond me. I fell it could be the last of the itimate gigs if this album has its way,
Thanks Again!

IndieLimerick said...

interview and performance can be found here http://www.todayfm.com/Article.asp?id=667592

Emily said...

Nice post Eric. I agree with you: Waltzing Alone is one sweet album. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Guggenheim Grotto is my favorite band currently putting out music. They even beat out Death Cab for Cutie. I just stumbled on your blog (wow, that sounds like one of those fishing, spammer comments, now I know how they get away with them) while searching for more info on Happy the Man, and as much as one music choice at random can give me confidence in another persons' musical taste, this has, so I shall happily peruse and take suggestions.

Though I think Waltzing Alone is the better album, Happy The Man is a solid sophomoric attempt which did not let down and promises greater things to come. I can't wait.

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.